Thursday, March 1, 2007

Traffic in Delhi


Traffic in Delhi is such a mess and headache. Distance between car and car could be centimeters. and everyone has to horn all the time. Road that would at most fit 3 vehicles lanes in Singapore would easily accomodate 5 or 6 vehicle lanes here, all bumper to bumper and 'door to door'. Hardly anyone follow traffic rules, you get to see cars travelling in reverse direction etc. Quite an experience though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

r u serious? bumper to bumper and door to door? gosh! i can't attend myself in this circumstances, will get mad anytime.. before taken any picture inside the taxi.. hehe..

tapiocaflash said...

Yes! Serious! No joke! ;)

Almost every car on the road have dents and scratches on the frames, and the car I've sit on got bumped on the side once in the 2 weeks I was there, and I've seen a motorcyclist got knocked down by a car and the car ran away! All the drivers are extremely skilled though - you can't be unskilled in this type of traffic condition!